Leading marketing recruitment firm MarketPro has teamed up with a leading global manufacturer of building materials in search of a Social Media Community and Content Manager to join their fast growing brand in Toledo, Ohio. The Social Media Community and Content Manager is the online face of this global brands commercial business, managing outbound and inbound social media communications. This digital-savvy role is responsible for all communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation relating to the Roofing and Asphalt Business. Success will be achieved by incorporating online tools and in-person networking to build the company’s brand with contractors and homeowners.
Reports to: Director of Strategic Marketing – Building Materials
- Content creation – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for all social media channels. This will involve working cross functionally with our strategic marketing teams, product teams, internal communication teams and outside agencies. Create and maintain Content Calendars, including writing Facebook status updates. Post relevant content in accordance with Content Calendar.
- Social media marketing – creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties. Review user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner. Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience. Enforce the Social Media Guidelines as defined by the brand. Escalate User Generated Content, where appropriate, to internal and client stakeholders.
- Public relations – managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns.
- Customer relations – the Community Manager is responsible for working with our customer service, technical and warranty teams to provide support for customers and contractors. Answer questions as they arise in social media while assisting customers in navigating and providing fast, relevant and professional service.
- Communications/marketing strategy – the Community Manager is responsible for creating a social media plan that enhances our strategic marketing and communications plans to provide direction for the company’s public-facing social media communications.
- Analytics – Using analytic tools the community manager will provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives. The Community manager will be adept at administering and measuring A/B testing protocols to enhance response and engagement.Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable, client-facing reports that lead to optimization.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA in communications, advertising, public relations, business or related field. MBA optional
- 3+ years’ experience managing social media platforms or communities for brands
- 3+ years working in a corporate or agency environment, interacting with multiple levels of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
- Understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users, reporting, advertising and analytic packages
- Demonstrated ability to produce community management guidelines and documents that reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its effects
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and presentation tools and skills
- Proficiency in social listening tools like Radian6 and Buzzlogic
- Exceptional communication skills and leadership capability to organize and motivate cross functional teams without direct reporting
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Maturity and conviction to develop and execute social media strategies that are aligned with brands values
- Ability to write engaging copy and stories that support the strategic priorities of the roofing and asphalt business
This is a full-time direct hire.