MarketPro has partnered with a leading B2B event management company based in Charlotte, NC for a marketing executive search for their new Sr. Director Digital Marketing and Content to take responsibility for the company’s overall marketing and digital strategy and execution. The organization needs someone to overhaul and modernize their outdated marketing from the ground up. A successful candidate will be experienced in many aspects of sophisticated digital strategy, including email marketing, branding, web advertising, content generation, and data analytics to empower critical decisions and optimize ROI. Reporting directly to the COO, this person will serve as the go-to digital expert being responsible for driving the digital channel with a primary focus on traffic and conversion while defining and implementing digital strategies to: attract, acquire, retain, and grow customers.
Our ideal candidate must be a strong B2B marketing leader with experience in directing digital marketing activities, with a big focus on SEO and paid search. This position is responsible for the direct oversight and management of the digital team, who operate as an in-house agency—developing and implementing digital campaigns to meet a variety of department-specific and company goals.
- Develop and implement online marketing strategy. Including strategic planning and executing all web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email, and social media advertising campaigns
- Create online programs to drive customer engagement and customer retention.
- Develop, manage and implement both a short-term and long-term digital marketing plan and budget
- Work closely with senior leaders to establish key metrics and analyze results in terms of ROI and other key performance indicators
- Work to expand all search-related activities including analytics, content, social media, organic rankings, linking, paid search, optimized landing pages, enhanced creative, site and SEO performance improvements
- Lead online marketing team to expand program marketing, email marketing, database management
- Forecasting, measuring and reporting performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assessing against ROI-based KPI goals
- Brainstorming innovative and creative growth strategies
- Collaborating with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Collaborating with agencies and other vendor partners
- Evaluating emerging technologies and tactics. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- BS/MS degree in Marketing or similar field
- 8+ years proven success in digital marketing
- Experience leading SEO/SEM, database management, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in analytically identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Deft familiarity with a variety web analytics tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven mindset
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
This is a full time direct hire.