MarketPro has partnered with a major environmental organization in San Francisco, CA in search of a contracted marketing staffing Communications Consultant. The Communications Consultant is responsible for developing internal strategies, messaging and communications that support Human Resources initiatives, including but not limited to: Health and Wellness programs, internal training and leadership development, retiree communications. This role will work directly with line of business managers to review/approve content and ensure messaging alignment with other members from the business.
The ideal candidate is:
- Familiar HR topics
- An excellent writer and communicator who is committed to simple, clear and creative ways of communicating
- Able to find interesting ways to make the messages of an organization more human and engaging by employing personal narratives and story-telling into their work.
- Comfortable and effective at working with people of all levels, including executives, managers,field-based personnel and more
- Plays a key role in executing the communications plan for the Human Resources organization, primarily internally, but on occasion externally as well.
- Creates original content, including newsletters, social media, employee emails, fact sheets, intranet content, news releases, etc
- Works with leadership and content stakeholders to draft key communications.
- Provides consultation and editorial services, including content development, editing/reviewing services, message control and securing approvals
- Advocates for multi-directional communication
- Coordinates with the wider Corporate Affairs team to ensure consistency and pacing of communications
- Measures effectiveness of communication tactics
- 5 years or more experience in corporate communications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Generalist experience, e.g., executive and employee communications, media relations, etc
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience managing communications through multiple delivery channels (email, Web, print, video, in-person meetings, etc.)
- Able to present complex data and technical information in a simple and easy-to-understand manner
- Able to build working relationships across the organization
- Adaptable, flexible and able to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment
This is a contract consultant position.