The Director, Product Marketing is responsible for the overall success of a product line starting with market strategy and execution, including new customer acquisition, product marketing, packaging, and increasing product bookings. This leadership role requires a blend of technical knowledge and marketing skills, business acumen, and product marketing experience.
The role connects in-depth market analysis (including competition), and captures customer and product knowledge in order to determine the game plan for short and long term results. The successful candidate will have a proven track record understanding dynamic markets, making recommendations that generate results, and working with the executive team to align execution to market demand.
- Lead a team of energetic product marketers by providing clear direction, removing obstacles, facilitating cross-functional collaboration, and providing strong mentorship.
- Define and execute integrated go-to-market strategies for products.
- Develop and drive ideas with the marketing team through execution and results – you own it.
- Deliver engaging and differentiated messages that drive broad awareness and high volume demand by describing how the client solves pervasive market problems in a unique way.
- Increase team productivity while improving outcomes by streamlining product marketing processes that are in alignment with the client’s’ go-to- market model.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Corporate Marketing, Demand Generation, and Sales to build and execute business plans for maximizing revenue growth.
- Lead a market-driven team – conduct regular market, customer, win-loss, and competitive research to improve go-to-market strategies, messaging, positioning, and more.
- Optimize product packaging and pricing to maximize revenue opportunities while differentiating the client from the competition.
- Be a product evangelist with prospects, analysts, customers, partners, and employees.
- Bachelor’s in technical and/or marketing or related field
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience in business strategy, execution and/or marketing
- Experience in product line leadership or product general management
- Experience managing budgets effectively, setting up metrics, and improving business processes
- Track record influencing across an organization to gain buy-in and execute
- Passion for problem solving and results: the ability to find creative solutions and generate results
- Ability to adapt and leverage experience in a dynamic, high growth environment
- Experience in IT software or adjacent industry
- Master’s degree (MBA)
- Experience leading marketing teams globally
- Experience in systems management market and technology, including application performance and cloud
This is a full-time direct hire.