MarketPro has partnered with a major media company in Los Angeles, CA in search of a contract Digital Production Artist ASAP! Our client is in need of someone with experience with Scanning and Digitizing old media from transparency slides and 35 mm negatives.
- Operate Flat Bed and 35 mm scanning equipment.
- Properly handle fragile and rare archival materials.
- Make color, exposure, white balance and other corrections to RAW / JPG / TIF files.
- Rename incoming assets according to Universal’s naming conventions
- Convert RAW files from all camera manufacturers (NEF, CRW, CR2, Phase One) to appropriate file formats for re-use (JPG, TIF, DNG)
- Using supplied job ticket information; provide required metadata for all assets prepared by Digital Assets Department.
- Maintain accurate records of work time and time required for each project.
- Provide file-specific metadata to accompany image in our digital archives
- Check all assets according to department Q/A procedures.
- Review, prepare, and upload assorted marketing images, artwork and documents
- Extensive experience in using most current version of the following applications: Photoshop, Bridge, & Lightroom.
- Experience with current Windows and Apple Macintosh computers, operating systems and software
- Proficiency in word processing, data entry, and database operation
- 1-2 years of experience working in a pre-press environment
- Understanding of photography, layout, and mechanical file formats
- Understanding of color theory and proper handling of photographic materials
- Comfort with computers and willingness to adapt to changing technologies.
- Experience digitizing, handling, and preparing photographic images
- Experience operating flatbed and 35 mm film scanners
- Maintain job logs and develop and/or contribute to progress reports.
- Flexibility with regard to hours required.
- Ability to work overtime
- Maintain production area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
This is a contracted marketing staffing position.