MarketPro has teamed up with a leading global manufacturer of building materials for a Front End Senior Manager of Marketing recruitment to augment their dynamic team in Toledo, Ohio.
The Senior Front End Marketing Manager will analyze the commercial industry and environment to identify business opportunities and translate these opportunities into business plans and strategies. The candidate will have proven experience in customer segmentation and targeting, and in converting analytic findings into customer insights that power marketing strategies and campaign programs. The leader will be able to think strategically about challenges facing internal partners and mine data to create opportunities and recommendations to drive revenue for both business to consumer (B2C) and business to business (B2B) programs. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Strategic Marketing to define and scope projects as well as lead the execution of research, analysis and communication of the findings. Projects will be based on quantitative analysis of market data – both primary and third party – to support high value choices on where and how to compete in the marketplace. This role will be critical figure in developing and driving growth oriented thinking and demonstrating the value of strategic marketing.
Reports to: Director of Strategic Marketing – Building Materials
Span of Control: Individual Contributor
Deliver quantitative assessment of top-priority business projects and select business-development initiatives
- Partner with the Strategic Marketing leadership team, Products and Program teams, Contractor Team and different financial teams to contribute to business-model development and financial modeling.
- Ensure project milestones incorporate analytical insights and reflect biggest opportunities for high-impact, customer-focused growth.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to provide insight to data by developing easy to understand, and actionable recommendations.
- Define a comprehensive measurement framework, develop timely and comprehensive reporting and dashboards with an objective to evaluate marketing performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Develop perspectives and positions on opportunities in the roofing space outside of client’s current focus areas.
- Conduct industry environment, technical, and competitive assessments.
- Participate in business-case developmental efforts for product management initiatives.
- Roll-up results of analysis and effectively communicate underlying story to stakeholders.
- Engage in due-diligence efforts with corporate development teams.
Investigate control points within the replacement roofing market
- Set structure, priorities, and milestones to answer specific business strategy questions relating to drivers of need and volume, the role of insurance and differences in customer and contractor behavior in storm and non-storm markets.
- Evaluate and develop insights from the contractor dashboard and other internal and external data sources. The candidate will utilize robust data analysis techniques to develop predictive modeling and behaviors of contractors and homeowners.
- Pro-actively engage stakeholders across roofing and asphalt – finance, IT, sales and marketing – to build support for high priority initiatives.
Demonstrate the power of market analytics to support high impact business decisions
- Provide thought leadership among Strategic Marketing and functional leaders as to how quantitative analytics can be used to solve business challenges.
- Actively define and develop the role of the Strategic Marketing manager as a value creating contributor to the Strategic Marketing organization.
- BA in Business, Finance or related field. MBA required or
- 5+ years experience in roles focused on business and market analytics
- 5+ years working in a corporate environment, interacting with multiple levels of the organization
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in data manipulation, reporting, and analytic support of marketing
- Management consulting, combined with statistical / analytical experience
- Experience in delivery and management of marketing analytic projects in consulting or agency setting, including partnering with internal and external business stakeholders with respect to analytic findings, insights, and transforming insights into action.
- Able to create reports by pulling data from systems that suit the needs of different stakeholders and constituents.
- Experience developing and presenting project justifications or business cases to upper management for guidance and decision making
- Extensive experience with financial analysis / numerical methods – the ability to rapidly access, organize and analyze data using standard financial tools as well as advanced numerical methods
- Project management: creating project objective, scope, work streams, and execution plans
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of quantitative and statistical methods including regression analysis, big data analysis, optimization, financial modeling
- Problem solver with the ability to take business needs and develop analytical action plans to achieve objectives and drive profitable business processes. Strong blend of business strategy and quantitative skill sets.
- Willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and perform tasks to get the job done efficiently and effectively
- Leadership capability to organize and motivate cross functional teams with direct reporting
- Maturity and conviction to develop new perspectives on product strategy and advocate for those strategies across all levels of the organization, including at the most senior executive levels
- Demonstrated aptitude for performing analytical thinking and generating implications is required, as is the ability to structure problems in highly-fluid situations
- Ability to pull together different sources of data into a working model that generates insights that drive business actions
- Ability to develop predictive modeling
- Ability to translate market and technical factors into a business plan
This is a full-time direct hire.