MarketPro has been retained on a CMO executive search for a popular nation-wide destination entertainment brand. We are seeking an ambitious digital and loyalty marketing visionary who is a master of customer experience to take responsibility for business growth by drawing more visitors to its facilities and getting more value from customers. This role, based in Columbus, GA, will be involved in all strategic enterprise decisions as a member of the executive committee.
Our client is a well-known company with 300 destinations across the country. This is an opportunity to take the reins of a strong brand and revitalize it to better compete in a dynamic entertainment space. You will be responsible for overhauling the brand’s online marketing strategy, providing an unforgettable customer experience, refining the client’s loyalty program, and updating digital and traditional advertising programs to provide better ROI.
This senior executive is results-driven and motivated by analytically-attained insights. Success ultimately comes in the form of more visitors and especially increased spending-per-visitor. However, a strong appreciation for having fun and an ability to operate comfortably in an informal environment will also be necessary to both thrive in the corporate culture and connect with customers.
- Redevelop brand, especially online, to improve overall awareness and digital engagement with customers in and out of facilities
- Assemble, motivate and manage a best-in-class leadership team
- Restructure marketing team as needed to improve effectiveness. Establish recruitment and hiring policies to attract top talent at every level of the marketing organization
- Update brand’s overall digital strategy, especially in terms of its website, social media presence, and digital advertising
- Negotiate and maintain key partnerships with technology providers, vendors, content creators and agencies
- Innovate new service offerings to draw more visitors and provide additional value to customers
- Increase spending-per-visit
- Coordinate with other senior executives and reach across internal silos to create a cohesive, memorable and compelling customer experience at every touch point, from initial messaging to visit to reengagement and more
- Create structure to segment and optimize marketing to a very broad and diverse customer base
- Grow brand’s loyalty rewards program and create sophisticated strategy to reengage current members
- 15+ years B2C marketing experience in Media, Destination Entertainment, or Hospitality industries
- 10+ years in senior leadership roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field required. MBA strongly preferred
- Strong competence in digital, branding, and cross-channel customer experience
- Ability to market to a very broad audience that includes nearly every imaginable demographic
- Must be a master of upselling, especially motivating impulsive purchases of additional services and products at destination
- Ability to craft compelling stories and communicate them with target audiences
- Experience managing loyalty/membership programs strongly preferred
- Strong awareness and respect for popular culture, media and trends
- Data-oriented and relentless in pursuit of better ROI
- Highly values analytical accountability, especially from self
This is a full time direct hire.