MarketPro has partnered with an international travel company in Atlanta, GA in search of a contract Visual Designer. We are currently seeking someone who has the ability to lead and work well in a team environment on design and implementation of multiple projects simultaneously. You should be a conceptual thinker – highly creative and articulate, with the ability to make strategic decisions. We are looking for someone with a track record of delivering high-quality user experiences that contribute to market leadership and increased revenue and channel share. The ability to design for touch, gesture, or mobile experiences is a plus. You will report to the Manager, Design within the Client’s Digital Commerce group and be part of a small team dedicated to creating compelling, innovative, multi-channel design solutions that demonstrate the power and value of rich digital experiences.
- Responsible for working across Client’s business and IT organizations as well as with external digital agencies to conceptualize, design and prototype innovative, executable and highly usable experiences for Web, mobile, and other digital channels.
- Cross-channel Interface and Visual Design.
- Works independently and collaboratively with product managers to develop user stories and graphic elements that ensure strategic integrity and continuity across channels.
- Proactively supports and assists product managers in managing the design of e-commerce projects as needed.
- Supports internal usability and UAT efforts by acting as the point of contact for design-related testing efforts, ensuring that project execution meets design expectations.
- Creates low-fidelity wireframes as well as highly polished prototypes to communicate design ideas.
- Continuous Improvement of User Experience/UX Evangelism.
- Consistently monitors data, user feedback, and content on Client’s digital channels and vendor sites to determine areas for improvement and added opportunities.
- Works closely with key internal stakeholders to communicate design strategy and rationale.
- Educates internal teams on best practices surrounding information architecture, interaction and visual designs, usability and supporting technologies, and create UX evangelists within these teams.
- Collaborates with user experience team to develop common UI components, design patterns and processes that build a cohesive user experience team
- 5+ years of experience in designing complex, enterprise-level digital experiences, with seamless and consistent user experiences.
- Portfolio required. Solid practical understanding of digital interface design, usability research principles, interactive design, typography, and color theory.
- Familiarity with delivery of web graphics, including palette issues, tools, bandwidth, and design considerations and limitations.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and working knowledge of HTML and web-editing tools such as Dreamweaver.
- Experience with interactive prototyping tools (such as iRise) preferred.
- Advanced communications, organization and project management skills, as well as evaluation of creative collateral and proofreading.
- Experience with web-based content management tools, including Adobe Day CQ5 is helpful.
- B.S. /M.S. in Human-Computer Interaction, Visual Design or related field preferred.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to grasp abstract business concepts quickly and to present complex information clearly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to both technical and business audiences.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage risk in a multi-project environment of aggressive timelines.
- Motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate constructively across business units.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to manage teams of peers.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- Deep knowledge of user-centered design processes and methodologies.
- Experience gathering and documenting business, functional, and end-user requirements.
This is a contracted marketing staffing position.