MarketPro has partnered with an international travel company in Atlanta, GA in search of a contract User Experience Designer. We are currently seeking someone who has the ability to lead and work well in a team environment on design and implementation of multiple projects. You need to be a conceptual thinker – highly creative and articulate, with the ability to make strategic decisions. Our Client also wants someone in a marketing staffing function with a track record of delivering high-quality user experiences that contribute to market leadership and increased revenue and channel share. The ability to design for touch, gesture, or mobile experiences is a plus.
- Cross-channel Interface and Visual Design Works independently and collaboratively with product managers developing user stories and graphic elements ensuring strategic integrity and continuity across channels.
- Proactively supports and assists product managers in managing the design of ecommerce projects as needed.
- Supports internal usability and UAT efforts by acting as the point of contact for design-related testing efforts, ensuring that project execution meets design expectations
- Creates low-fidelity wireframes as well as highly polished prototypes to communicate design ideas
- Continuous Improvement of User Experience/UX Evangelism Consistently monitors data, user feedback, and content on Client’s digital channels and vendor sites to determine areas for improvement and added opportunities.
- Works closely with key internal stakeholders to communicate design strategy and rationale
- Collaborates with user experience team to develop common UI components and design patterns and processes to build a cohesive user experience team inside Client
- Educates internal teams on best practices surrounding information architecture, interaction and visual designs, usability and supporting technologies, and create UX evangelists within these teams.
- B.S. /M.S. in Human-Computer Interaction, Visual Design or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in designing complex and enterprise-level digital experiences, with seamless and consistent user experiences
- Portfolio required.
- Solid practical understanding of digital interface design, usability research principles, interactive design, typography, and color theory
- Familiarity with delivery of web graphics, including palette issues, tools, bandwidth, and design considerations and limitations
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator plus a working knowledge of HTML and web-editing tools such as Dreamweaver
- Experience with interactive prototyping tools (such as iRise) preferred.
- Advanced communications, organization and project management skills, as well as evaluation of creative collateral and proofreading
- Experience with web-based content management tools, including Adobe Day CQ5 is helpful
- Deep knowledge of user-centered design processes and methodologies
- Experience gathering and documenting business, functional, and end-user requirements
This is a contract position.