Product Management/Marketing Thought Leader? Want to lead innovation in a 25 year old company with a start-up mentality? Does the challenge of building a product management strategy from the ground-up excite you? If this describes what you are looking for, I have the perfect opportunity for you.
MarketPro has partnered with a very unique company operating out of the Pittsburgh area looking to take their brand to the next level by way of innovation. This brand is dedicated to elevating organizational performance through best-in-class solutions to real-world challenges. It is home of the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) for Development, Services, and Acquisition; and the People Capability Maturity Model which are used in thousands of organizations worldwide to deliver business results that serve as differentiators in the global market.
Additionally, this framework is key in the software development process and works in conjunction with the agile methodology. Having spent over twenty years perfecting their framework under Carnegie Mellon University, they have recently branched off and we are now looking for the Head of Product Management to take their brand to the next level. This individual will serve as an industry thought leader, be a key member of the executive team and be charged with building the product management function from the ground-up.
- Product Management thought leader, reporting to the COO
- Develop and own the product roadmap for the product suite illustrating vision and key phases of deliverables for the product
- Develop new product and product enhancement plans and write high-level business requirements for the product suite based on market feedback, analysis and priority of enhancement opportunities
- Articulate market problems and define user personas
- Manage the design and plans for new product concepts, product specifications and customer requirements
- Manage day-to-day operations, product development, pilots and ongoing Partner and customer support
- Operating with a strong focus on product performance management and collection & dissemination of performance data from the user community
- Communication and advocacy with stakeholders, including collaborators, advisory boards and Change Control Board
- Own economic performance of product suite
- Design and execute a successful market adoption strategy
- Ten plus years of product management with product marketing experience
- Domain expertise in software lifecycle and strong understanding of software development
- BA Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, MBA Preferred
- Proven Product Management background. Software, SaaS is a plus.
- Expert level experience in gathering customer requirements and translating them into consumable users stories
- Software Engineering or Sales Engineering for a software company experience a plus
- Proven track record in launching new products/services
This is a full time, direct hire position.