MarketPro has partnered with a major environmental agency in San Francisco in search of a contract Program Manager. We are currently seeking someone with Marketing or Advertising knowledge or experience who will report to the PMO Senior Manager, partnering with IT and the business to drive an integrated, cross-functional portfolio of technology-enabled and smart grid related capabilities—helping to ensure that these are implemented, integrated, and leveraged effectively.
- Responsible for the Transmission and Distribution Portfolio of Technology Projects in a marketing staffing function
- Facilitates the business case governance process, ensuring all due diligence and analysis including benefits quantification performed thoroughly and confirm approvals by senior leaders. May assist with initial project idea formulation, feasibility analysis, and business case development May also facilitate a team of business subject matter experts and IT leads to develop project scope (including timeframe and budget), and provides recommendations on possible alternative solutions, project strategy and prioritization
- Reviews business cases of potential new projects or updated business cases for completed projects for thoroughness and alignment with program objectives May recommend changes in approach to PMO leadership
- Facilitates the process for identifying, evaluating, and approving material changes to scope, schedule, or budget identified by project teams Develops a strong understanding of project issues, risks, and impacts on inter-related projects and evaluates potential changes and balances trade-offs. As business needs evolve, supports line-of-business project managers to adjust and re-align project scope, schedule, and budget to reflect the constant ebb and flow of project implementation.
- Maintains metrics to track project progress as well as measures the realized benefits of completed projects. Performs post project evaluation of realized gains. Regularly presents metrics and evaluations to senior leadership with recommendations for changes or improvements to future projects and/or the portfolio strategy. Aggregates and ranks projects based upon estimated or actual benefits. Apply metrics to track project performance over time, including alignment to technology roadmap, maturity of capabilities, and benefits realization.
- Identifies opportunities to improve and streamline PMO processes and procedures and leads teams to implement changes. Develops documentation outlining procedures and guidelines for the department and for project teams
- Monitors and ensures closure/completion of projects and/or other program maintenance
- BA/BS in business administration, engineering, finance, or information technology related fields or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant business and/or consulting experience
- Familiarity with program and project management including governance, compliance, roles & responsibilities, methodologies, processes and procedures
- Strong demonstrated capability in constructing business cases for executive leadership
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and exceptional levels of accountability, self-drive, and business judgment
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Familiarity with information technology implementation and or systems development and implementation lifecycles from both a technical (IT) and functional (business) perspective
- Familiarity with utility information technology systems (e.g., SAP Work Management, DMS, OMS, etc.)
- Project management experience or exposure to project management desired, in technology, new product/project launch, or utility industry
- Utility experience and/or understanding of electric system operations
This is a contract position.