A top healthcare brand in the Nashville area is undergoing marketing recruitment for an experienced marketer than can handle both management and execution of content marketing. The content strategist will work closely with senior Marketing leaders (digital, field marketing, product marketing, social media, communications, etc.) to create and deliver compelling content that will remain on brand positioning while generating leads and greater engagement with the brand.
Overall, this strategic role will need to understand the overarching marketing strategy and implement a compelling and robust content strategy. The overall content strategy includes but is not limited to the creation of content ideas, crafting content briefs, managing relationships with writers, writing content, and editing content for quality.
This position will also assist in optimizing existing content pieces for SEO, and determining proper keyword focus of articles. In addition to these primary duties, the content strategist will understand how content, social media and SEO all work together, enabling the organization to improve organic search ranking.
The role will focus on developing and editing content across all channels. Strong research skills and the ability to quickly understand and articulate a variety of subject areas are essential. Top candidate will have the intellectual horsepower and natural curiosity to quickly become familiar with multiple services, including complex matters relating to senior living and healthcare. Based on this understanding of the complex you will need to be able to educate writers so they can create content that makes the complex easy to understand.
- Provide overall content strategy, including developing content for online, social, B2B, B2C and direct response channels.
- Works closely with Director of Digital Marketing to provide content for web properties and related websites.
- Develop comprehensive content calendar and lead team to exceed goals.
- Define and establish metrics to measure the efficacy of content solutions including: ROI, content/brand integrity, content accuracy and relevance, efficiencies gained in content lifecycle improvements.
- Bring creative ideas to keep content fresh and ahead of the industry.
- Review and revise briefs for copy needs to ensure they are complete, accurate, consistent with brand, voice and product line positioning.
- Provide clear and complete direction to team. Understand each writer will have their own natural voice and you need to get everyone on one corporate voice.
- Content creation, proof reading, editing and organizing content.
- Manage, develop and lead writers to work with on a variety of subjects, including both internal and external resources.
- Ability to understand overall marketing goals and translate them into a strong content plan.
- Understand best practices with content curation and how to implement them effectively.
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, other online media (or equivalent experience)
- You are driven, curious and aggressive, and able to create content in sometimes ambiguous or unfamiliar environments.
- 7+ years of experience creating and/or editing content and then leading content creation teams.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong research skills.
- The ability to explain the relationship of content to SEO.
This is a contract-to-hire position.