The Agile software and services marketplace is growing globally and so is this top enterprise software brand. With proven market momentum around the world, our Atlanta-based client is executing a marketing executive search for an experienced product marketing manager with sales enablement experience and a deep technical aptitude who desires to be part of a high-performance agile marketing team and successful entrepreneurial culture. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and passionate professional that embodies great values, fosters team work and above all never forgets to have fun.
The Product Marketing Manager will be part of a team responsible for the positioning and marketing of multiple software products. This team is responsible for sales enablement, market research, messaging, positioning, competitive intelligence, strategic coordination, and communication for product line. Critical to this role is the ability to capture and communicate deep product and industry knowledge into a successful product marketing strategy.
- Market and product expertise, including deep technical knowledge of the product – the product marketing managers are the product experts in marketing and must have the deep technical knowledge required to collaborate with product management and product specialists in sales
- Responsible for building and maintaining a sales enablement portal for the sales organization that gives easy access to messaging and content tools for buyer personas at various stages of the buying cycle
- Work in a team of product marketers to set overall product marketing strategy, goals and deliverables:
- Define the strategy, goals, and activities of the product marketing team in support of company initiatives
- Product positioning and messaging for target buyers and influencers
- Create and maintain sales tools, training and support materials
- Create and maintain product collateral and online content
- Develop and publish competitive intelligence
- Develop product demand strategies and tactics
- Conduct and publish market research, win/loss and competitive analysis
- Participate in the development of high-volume lead generation plans and programs
- Trade-show, conference and seminar messaging and content preparation and delivery
- Support thought leadership
- Support consulting service strategies and offerings
- Support and participate in analyst relations
- Collaborate closely with product management, sales, and executives in addition to colleagues on the marketing team
- Product experience related to agile software development preferred
- Proven ability to translate market and customer needs into software strategies and tactics
- Strong technical aptitude and knowledge of software
- Combination of strategic marketing and sales support experience
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven writing abilities, including collateral, web content, white papers, and other product related lead gen content.
- Ability to represent company with customers, software community, analysts and the media
- Proven project management and coordination skills, including ability to excel in a fluid, cross-functional team environment
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- High energy and clear evidence of professional growth
- Knowledge of the Customer Centric Selling approach preferred
- Four year degree or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred
- Strong ability to collaborate effectively with all stakeholders and work with the spirit of brand’s values every day
This is a full-time direct hire.