MarketPro has partnered with a company headquartered in Atlanta that provides automotive benefits specifically created to enhance the vehicle buying and ownership experience. You’ll be part of a highly creative and motivated team developing content for the company’s suite of B2B / B2C services including marketing collateral, direct response campaigns, digital initiatives, scripts, articles, PR materials and mobile communications. This role also includes content planning and creation of stories. You’ll work closely with the executive team and influence key messaging for the companies overarching strategy, and have the opportunity to take ownership of content creation, working with the in-house creative group and agency partners.
The ideal candidate demonstrates clear command of content development, have strong business writing skills, ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment, has a strong understanding of multi-channel distribution platforms (print/digital), and can perform necessary research and/or investigative work to produce content that is targeted and creates impact in a marketing staffing function. Furthermore, he/she is detail oriented, can work in a fast-paced environment, can work under quick deadlines, and takes ownership of getting the job done.
- Develop high-impact copy across a variety of channels (collateral, direct response, digital)
- Write copy for email campaigns (subject lines, body text, calls to action) using a set of contextual parameters defined by marketing leads, such as audience, length, medium and desired outcome
- Create copy for websites, landing pages, banner ads, metadata, social media as well as print collateral (brochures, direct response)
- Develop strong compelling, promotional, lead generating content
- Write press releases
- Write scripts for video (as needed)
- Brainstorm, conceptualize and collaborate with product/service owners and creative teams on content needs, deliverables and timelines
- Responsible for managing multiple copy writing projects from concept to completion within allotted timeframes and aggressive deadlines
- Collaborate with creative directors to ensure that the words and images (or video, audio) complement one another to convey a clear message or tell an engaging story
- Proofread and ensure all messaging is error-free, on target and consistent with the department/organization objectives and vision
- Proactively suggest and implement ways to restructure or change content to better meet user needs based on feedback, performance, analysis and observed trends
- Provide regular updates to program partners, ensuring goals are being met and providing recommendations when necessary
- BA or BS required, preferably with a background in Journalism, Advertising, Communications, Marketing, Automotive, or Insurance or related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent research and writing skills; exceptional grammar and attention to detail. Identify and fix copy errors within your own work and the work of others.
- Minimum 6 years writing experience within B2B and B2C
- Ability to develop creative, attention-grabbing, effective, and lead generating content
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to translate traditional marketing content into engaging and brand relevant conversations
- Passion for storytelling, listening to what the community has to say, and providing above average experiences in the social space
- Basic understanding of digital analytics and performance tracking
- Working knowledge of Marketing Automation Tools – i.e. Pardot
- Self-starter on writing projects, generating new, creative angles and storylines, but also able to take specific direction and quickly complete straightforward tasks
- Flexibility to jump between different projects and handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering high quality results, often on tight deadlines
- Bring a positive, inquisitive attitude to every assignment, recognizing it as an opportunity to build a brand and demonstrate your talents as a creative thinker
- Superior knowledge of social and blog platforms
- Polished in presentation and communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas in a fast-paced environment
This is a contract-to-hire position.