MarketPro has partnered with a global travel brand in Atlanta, GA in search of a contract-to-hire copywriter. We are currently seeking someone to lead current staff providing research, writing, proofreading and copy editing for our Client’s marketing promotions, printed materials and websites in a creative staffing role. This person will also ensure adherence to brand and DOT standards. Must have the ability to collaborate with designers, project coordinators, and marketing teams to improve processes and support business programs. This role will report to the Manager of Creative Services.
- Supervise the day-to-day work of Copy Specialists to ensure timely and accurate delivery of copy and proofreading to support marketing promotions. Help prioritize department workload as needed.
- Regularly attend and participate in project kickoff meetings. Organize and lead team meetings.
- Ensure staff members have a clear understanding of their individual responsibilities, the department’s goals, and how these relate to Client’s business. Provide the necessary tools and training for designated employees to develop their knowledge and skills.
- Foster internal and external relationship building and collaboration with other departments.
- Research Client’s products and vacation destinations, and write inspirational content for Client’s branded web sites and social media sites.
- Lead writers’ collaboration with Design team, Partnership Marketing and Marketing Project Coordinators to develop concepts and write compelling on-brand headlines, subheads, and body copy for all Client’s marketing, sales, and partnership advertising materials.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Client’s brand and partner brands, and oversee use of appropriate brand voice and style to address consumer facing and B2B audiences for a variety of media channels (print advertising, OOH, HTML emails, web, and video).
- Ensure content is aligned with brand personas and stages of the customers’ journey.
- Ensure all copy is optimized for SEO; continually seek out best practices for copywriting in SEO.
- Oversee team-proofreading responsibilities, ensuring compliance with copy standards, departmental procedures, and applicable DOT regulations.
- Oversee team’s assistance with Corporate Communications Department projects, including writing, publishing, and updating internal communication materials that publicize corporate activities or programs.
- Collaborate with Design, Project Coordinator, and Marketing teams to evaluate processes and make recommendations to improve efficiency. Ensure department processes are documented and updated.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, which may include cross-utilization within the department or with other departments.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-Year College or university; or equivalent work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four years of communications and/or journalism experience in a corporate or agency environment required.
- Experience interpreting brand standards to write consumer, trade, and internal copy for multiple audiences and different media channels (web, print,etc.) required.
- Ability to think creatively, lead a team to solve problems collaboratively, and work quickly under deadline.
- Must demonstrate strong English language writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with management, staff, and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills.
- Strong PC skills required.
- Working knowledge of Content Management systems preferred.
- Electronic publishing skills including Adobe Acrobat, Keynote, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
This is a contract-to-hire position.