Are you an event management and event marketing professional who has extensive experience managing and marketing a variety of corporate events? MarketPro has partnered with a very unique brand in the research and science space in search of a marketing leader. Based in the Houston area, this organization works with both private and government sectors in the to create a venue for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) educational activities.
The Event Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and will be responsible for strategizing, executing, and managing events as well as assisting on other key in-person event initiatives. Overall this individual will be charged with taking the organization’s event marketing/management strategy to the next level, aligning events with the brand’s overall marketing and business objectives. The ideal candidate will be a take-charge, technically sophisticated, analytical but highly creative marketer, who is driven in making an impact for an exciting and growing energetic leader in the science space.
- Event planning: Strategize, develop and drive lead-generating marketing events and tradeshows
- Contract negotiation: Able to navigate complex and varied contract types including tradeshows, hotels, conference centers, advertising, and various types of suppliers
- Analytics: Use Salesforce.com, and other marketing automation tools to analyze event leads and follow-up programs, constantly testing new ways to drive more leads and more conversions
- Marketing automation: Work directly with marketing automation technologies to deliver timely and relevant emails pre and post event to help drive leads through the sales pipeline
- New markets: Research and assess new ways to drive new leads to our events, leveraging event advertising, targeted lists, and other opportunities to get out there; test and follow-up campaigns
- Database marketing: Determine the best ways to segment and leverage this asset to drive traffic/registrations for events and promote across our database to targeted groups
- Cross functional teamwork: In addition to driving lead generating marketing events, you’ll team up with Solution Marketing, Demand Generation, Market Development, PR and
- Product/Services to ensure all in-person marketing activities are up to snuff
- Travel to the local offices and to various events
- Other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent related experience
- 5-7 years event planning experience for corporations
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong proficiency with CRM, Salesforce.com, and other similar marketing automation programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Highly driven with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in brand’s mission. Detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Dependable with a strong work ethic; self-directed and able to work without significant supervision
- Motivated to learn and grow with a fast-growing company
- A strong team player and contributor to the marketing group
This is a full-time direct hire role.