MarketPro has partnered with an exciting, fast growing consumer brand in search of their Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications. Reporting to the CFO, the Director is responsible for creating and executing the marketing plan, is responsible for directing the strategies, tactics and programs for the corporate organization and the Franchise system through the use of PR, marketing, creative services, advertising, strategic relationships, and online marketing. The Director is responsible for managing four direct reports specializing in digital, writing, design and events. While strategy and planning are an important element of this role, the majority of time will be spent working on leading, motivating, delegating tasks to direct reports and external agencies.
This position is also responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training, and managing all marketing functions to achieve the company goal while ensuring a consistent marketing message and protection of the brand. This is a great opportunity for an accomplished marketing communications professional who wants to lead a successful and growing organization with an entrepreneurial, energetic culture.
- Develops annual marketing and service plan in support of organization strategy and objectives and ensures timely and effective communication and execution of those plans
- Responsible for the direction, management and development of the staff members of the Lead Generation, Communications & Media Relations, and Franchise Marketing Services divisions of the Marketing department to ensure the support of marketing and strategic strategies
- Ensures a consistent, fair and situational management style exists throughout the department
- Remains strategic, tactical and program oriented, in that order
- Creates and maintains annual marketing budget and works with the Finance team in the proper administration of the Ad Fund; provides regular updates to executive team on status of the fund
- Responsible for working with the COO and franchise support team to ensure a cohesive approach to system wide marketing and optimization of all best practices
- Works with Franchise Development team, including outside vendors, in support of tool needed for marketing and sales strategies
- Directs implementation and execution of marketing and service policies and practices
- Ensures effective measurement, communication and control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail
- Collaborates with other departments as needed for various projects and initiatives
- Works with the Franchise Development Department on strategic market planning to maximize franchise placement and to ensure the leadership role of moving franchise; This includes developing marketing programs and budget of target market activities
- Responsible for supervising all Marketing and Communications Department staff as well as directing specific, cross-functional project teams.
Requirements (or Equivalent):
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field is required. MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of marketing experience, preferably in franchising or brand management is required.
- 5+ years of progressively increasing management responsibilities with demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Market research experience and knowledge of the integration of marketing and technology in today\s marketing media mix are preferred.
- Significant track record managing large teams of marketing communications professionals. Dedicated to staff development and leadership training
- Demonstrated success in developing strategic communications plans and converting them into tactical programs.
- Effective leader who is adept at managing change, and who can inspire those inside and outside their direct sphere of control. Exceptional ability to build relationships with people from diverse areas of the hospital and external “key influencers.”
This role is a full-time direct hire position.