MarketPro has partnered with a top non-profit in Boston, MA in search of a contract-to-hire Marketing Manager. We are currently seeking a Marketing Manager to build our Client’s brand by ensuring high quality, consistent branding, and messaging across all communications. A key part of the National Marketing team, the Manager will establish, maintain, and enforce clear brand guidelines across the organization. S/he will manage relationships with local brand stewards to ensure consistency of branding at all Client’s sites, and act as brand steward for the national office. S/he will take a leadership role in strategic brand development efforts. S/he will also manage the development of print collateral and other promotional materials, and support on public relations opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you’ll characterize yourself as a self-starter with demonstrated success in brand management. You’ll bring strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities, and comfort working in a fast-paced environment managing projects involving multiple people and teams. Strong candidates should also bring a commitment to advancing social justice and be prepared to keep Client’s mission as the central driver of their work.
The Marketing Manager will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
- Set, maintain, and enforce clear brand guidelines across all communications via style guidelines, clarity on messaging and statistics, and associated internal communications
- Build and maintain strong relationships with brand stewards at local sites to ensure consistency of branding and messaging nationally
- Act as a brand steward for Client’s National office
- Work closely with marketing leadership in strategic brand development efforts, including brand audits and direction-setting for brand, sub-brands, and affiliate brands
- Identify new opportunities for brand development and act as a thought partner for marketing leadership in growing the brand
- Manage design projects, including national projects like annual reports and day-to-day collateral updates
- Purchase promotional materials with Client’s branding (“swag”)
- Support national and local events
- Anticipate and make decisions regarding organizational components of branding elements, including copyright renewals, version control, etc.
- Support major marketing projects and other team efforts as needed
- Support on media opportunities, including supplying information for reporters, preparing spokespeople, and occasionally handling media inquiries
- Provide guidance for brand stewards on local media opportunities
- Manage PR infrastructure projects, including press kit development and other resources
National Team Member
- Serve as a mentor/tutor for a small number of current students, availability permitting
- Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- 2-3+ years’ marketing/communications experience, preferably with a strategic and brand management focus
- Strong expertise in branding and messaging, expertise in public relations a plus
- Demonstrated ability to drive integrated marketing projects and achieve flawless execution
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good eye for design, attention to detail in reviewing design work, and understanding of brand consistency across a variety of media
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects involving multiple departments and stakeholders
- Ability to manage many competing priorities and communicate effectively when priorities shift
- Strong communication skills, especially over email
- Meaningful strengths in relationship-building with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of our Client
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
This is a contract-to-hire position.