MarketPro has teamed up with a top brand in Atlanta! Our client is looking for a contract Data Analyst for a long term contract. This role is responsible for developing deep insights into customer and transaction data using sophisticated statistical methods in SAS to support marketing campaigns and merchandising efforts. The Data Analyst will be a critical corporate resource and recognized expert in quantitative and analytical modeling technologies. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Assisting in business problem identification
- Knowledge discovery and data mining in large datasets, including traditional relational databases as well as newer, non-traditional data sources (i.e. “Big Data”)
- Data extraction and transformation from multiple data sources to develop analytical datasets to support statistical modeling
- Determining the appropriate statistical technique or approach to best satisfy the relevant business need
- Development of complex predictive models
- Clustering and segmentation analyses
- Creation of documentation and presentations of advanced analytics work for leadership and other stakeholders
- Monitoring of model performance, quality and reliability over time. This analyst will work both individually as well as with other team members and stakeholders, and be a critical corporate resource and recognized expert in quantitative and analytical modeling techniques.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Statistics or Mathematics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with statistical modeling and data mining using large and complex datasets.
- Demonstrated experience using methods such as logistic regression, linear regression, clustering and decision trees.
- Strong SAS coding/programming skills: Data step, Macro language, table/variable considerations for large data sets and general SAS Procedures (SAS/STAT).
- Prefer hands on experience with SQL using Teradata, but other relational databases are OK.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and adapt to changing priorities.
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of travel industry or loyalty programs a plus, but not required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong need for completion, with an ability to work around/through impediments.
- Takes responsibility for results, “owning” assignments and projects.
- Committed to high quality results with capability to QA own work.
This is a contract position.