MarketPro has partnered with a top agency in Atlanta, GA in search of a contract experienced Production Artist/Graphic Designer/Studio Production Designer. We are currently seeking Studio Production Designer who will work from concept to completion under the direction of the Art Director in digital media. Your portfolio needs to be fresh and show a strong attention to detail with an eye for design. Having the ability to conceptualize would be a major plus! You will be building out banners, web pages, blog pages, infographics, and presentations.
Building out banners, web pages, blog pages, infographics, and presentations
- Create layouts by exploring appropriate design principles such as color typography selection , organizing elements, and usability
- Work with content team on the tone and voice for style guide
- Edit and make iterations on work as guided by Interactive Art Director
- Creates new electronic mechanicals using rough to tight layouts from Art Directors and Designers. Typographic and design sensitivity is paramount.
- Concept and problem solve new layouts under direction from Art Directors for both print and digital media.
- Supports Art Directors and Designers by jumping in at any stage of the creative process.
- Creates and develops proof of concepts for flash and mobile media.
- Creates electronic files as part of an electronic proofing and approval process.
- Creates and electronically delivers/uploads artwork for final reproduction or web
- Ensures that all production details are executed perfectly.
- Digitally manipulates images for comps, resizes image files, and/or creates less complex image files for reproduction.
- Takes responsibility for the big picture, communicating with traffic and/or studio manager if schedules cannot be met or if there are any production questions/ issues.
- Takes ownership for all projects given to them and communicates a positive message in the way they service the agency needs.
- Follows all studio processes for backup of work and file maintenance.
- 2+ years’ work experience
- Degree or certification from Art School or BA/BS in Art
- Passion for design and an eagerness to collaborate with other creatives
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure with care attention to detail
- Excellent communication and concept development skills, including writing, proof reading, editing
- Strong design portfolio
- Understands code but will not be coding
- Strong interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- A thorough understanding of graphic production techniques and the language of production, a working knowledge of the entire printing and production process, as well as the ability to set and revise type precisely are prerequisites.
- Must be technologically savvy and have a thorough working knowledge of the Macintosh desktop and operating systems, desktop publishing software (InDesign), digital asset management systems, illustration (Adobe Illustrator), photo manipulation (Adobe Photoshop), Flash and strong file management skills.
- Familiarity with the Internet and its requisite formats is necessary; basic html knowledge is a plus.
- Has a thorough understanding of files formats and their corresponding usage.
- This position requires the studio designer to have a good design sense and a keen eye for typography as well as the ability to maintain precision and thoroughness in the work while juggling multiple projects in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
- Must operate well under pressure while working in a collaborative and service-oriented manner.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communications.