Have a desire to utilize your strategic communications skills to make a difference in the lives of families? Passionate about building integrated communications strategies from the ground-up?
This is a great opportunity with a great company. Enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion and integrity is a mission and vision that permeates this organization. MarketPro has partnered with a national healthcare brand in Nashville, TN in search of a Vice President of Public Relations. This individual will be responsible for spearheading strategic direction of this brand’s first integrated communication initiatives. As the Vice President of Public relations you will be tasked with building the external communications team and developing and designing communications that inform, educate, motivate and engage varied external audiences. He/She will also integrate new communications tactics with a keen focus on social media and crisis communication.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive, measurable communication plans to support strategic goals.
- Build and develop communications team
- Leads national and local public relations efforts in a proactive and strategic manner to positively impact key stakeholder perceptions of the brand. Manages agency relationships in the interest of ensuring cooperative partnerships and successful outcomes.
- Leverages established working relationships with top-tier press and industry analysts. Establishes and maintain relationships based on trust with key journalists, influential bloggers and other leading opinion-makers. Builds and maintains outstanding relationships with key media contacts at the national level who cover markets or issues in which the brand has a presence and/or could have a voice.
- Develops and executes national public and media relations campaign strategies to raise awareness, increase positive image, and support cross-functional efforts to increase sales and occupancy. Serves as primary contact for national media to ensure consistency of messaging. Serves as a national corporate spokesperson.
- Consistently develops and implements innovative strategies to position the brand as an industry thought leader and gain share of voice.
- Counsels members of senior management on their participation in media relations opportunities. Leverages the CEO and appropriate others to address issues and capitalize on opportunities. Acts as a trusted communications advisor to leadership.
- Works closely with executive leadership to develop and execute external communications strategies and plans that complement, support and enhance overall brand and corporate positioning.
- Provides creative direction for PR events, including press and industry conferences, media roundtables, and executive events.
- Provides guidance to executives with regard to story lines and key strategies with company’s constituents; provide or oversee media training where necessary.
- Identifies and manages strategic speaking opportunities, partnering with Director of Executive Communications on development of remarks/speeches, background briefings and logistics.
- Directs crisis communications and PR team to mitigate negative fallout, working closely with functional subject matter experts and crisis team to monitor and respond to crisis situations nationally.
- Analyzes public relations program results to determine and increase effectiveness.
- Periodically reviews crisis communications strategy and revises as needed.
- Researches and recommends annual budget allocations for public relations and media relations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations or related field is required. Advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience with at least five in a public relations function. Previous manager experience required.
- Proven track record of success developing and executing communication strategies that drive results
- Experience leveraging social media as a part of the integrated communication mix
- Expertise in crisis communications management.
- Excellent media relations and spokesperson skills.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter experts with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Uses judgment and experience to develop appropriate communications strategies and create guidelines and procedures for varied decision making.