MarketPro has partnered with an organization in Nashville, TN whose mission is to enrich the lives of those they serve with compassion and integrity. Together we are in search of a Senior Director of Internal Communications to spearhead strategic direction and management of a strategic internal communications program, strategies, and processes that support business goals. The incumbent will be tasked with leading and developing the internal communications team and developing and designing communications that inform, educate, motivate and engage internal audiences.
- Responsible for management, direction, and development of associate communications team.
- Responsible for developing and executing change management communications strategies.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive, measurable communications plans to support strategic goals. Ensures organizational objectives and key messages are communicated accurately and effectively.
- Oversees creation of key deliverables of corporate communication plan, including the creation and execution of Human Resources strategic communications plan for benefits, workers’ compensation, general human resources, and compensation.
- Leads, manages and reviews, drafts as appropriate, all company internal communications including organizational changes, corporate updates, new initiatives, acquisitions, and others.
- Partners with Operations, Customer Service, and Public Relations to include internal communications response and support for operations in severe weather or adverse events and all related reporting.
- Oversees the development and production of organizational communications (print, video, live, and electronic), including periodic publications. Ensures messages are consistent and representative of senior leadership and established business objectives.
- Evaluates, recommends, and manages technology platforms needed to execute communication plan including but not limited to company intranet, live meetings, web broadcasts, customer service and future media needs. Helps leaders to improve communication by introducing new tools and techniques.
- Builds strong relationships and partners with business functional leaders to support their success and influence effective communication from all business areas.
- Oversees internal communication plans for new initiatives, programs or products. Works closely with business process owners, integration office, and operations for approval and timing on key messages.
- Analyzes communications program results to determine and increase effectiveness of solutions.
- Assists in development of assorted communications, including writing speeches, presentations, or articles, and partners with Director of Executive Communications to ensure effective cascading of leadership messages.
- Researches and recommends annual budget allocations for associate communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field is required. Advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience with at least five in a corporate communications function. Previous manager experience required.
- Experience working with multiple levels of business leaders and business sensitive information.
- Expertise in internal communications processes, products, and technologies.
- Change management communications expertise is a must
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to lead effectively.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to balance managing communication strategy development along with the day-to-day ad-hoc communication requests.
- Uses judgment and experience to develop appropriate communications strategies and create guidelines and procedures for varied decision making.