MarketPro has partnered with an organization in Nashville, TN whose mission is to enrich the lives of those they serve with compassion and integrity. Together we are looking for a talented Director, Advanced Analytics to join and lead this dynamic team. This group is incredibly inquisitive about analytics, who love data, and who desire to make a difference by designing and creating the right analytic solutions to arrive at the right answers to important business problems. The candidate will strongly influence the business data decisions of the brand by developing and helping to institutionalize a data-driven analysis culture. As Director, Advanced Analytics your primary role will be to identify and work on high-impact business problems and develop viable solutions through data analysis, predictive modeling, and advanced analytics techniques. The candidate will work closely with teams across the company including other Analytics team members, Marketing, Business Operations, and Finance.
Our team starts by asking the right questions. We then formulate and translate these questions into structured analysis that involves large sets of data. We then strive to provide high-quality data analytic solutions that will generate a major impact on our overall business. This is a great opportunity to be part of an advanced analytics team that does leading-edge work as part of a tremendous organization.
- Works under the direction of the SVP, Insights & Analytics.
- Performs large-scale data analysis and develops effective statistical models for prediction, segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, etc.
- Builds models using standard and advanced statistical techniques – such as logistic regression, multi-nomial regression, CHAID, and clustering analysis.
- Identifies actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Works closely with cross-functional teams to proactively create business rules, deploy analytics, and manage decisions
- Handles data preparation, data feeds and updates of various projects
- Prepares written analysis and present findings, recommendations and potential raise decision questions to internal and external clients
- Offers interpretation of analytical findings relative to the business.
- Writes queries (SQL, SAS) to develop analyses
- Utilizes various analytic software tools (SAS, KXEN, SPSS, R) to perform advanced analytics
- Ensures accuracy of results produced as a result of data analysis
Requirements and Minimum Qualifications
- BS/MS/PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research, or related field) from a leading academic institution.
- 7+ years of work experience in an analytic role with a proven record of success and advancement.
- Academic or job-related experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (or equivalent)
- Experienced user of advanced analytic tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, etc.
- A passion for problem-solving, comfort with ambiguity, and creativity.
- Demonstrated success presenting complex findings (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and drive change, and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations