MarketPro has partnered with a leading enterprise in Boston in search of a VP, Marketing Communications and Brand. This position will report to the CMO and will be a key member of the marketing function, as well as having significant interaction and influence across the company.
The Vice President, Marketing Communications and Brand will formulate and execute a strategic plan to support the business in achieving goals of attracting, retaining, and growing profitable business. The incumbent will partner with business to identify marketing strategies that include media/public relations, corporate advertising, internal communications, events, and executive communications. The VP of Marketing Communications and Brand will drive communications messaging through integrated deployment of numerous marketing/communications tools.
- Develop and execute annual marketing/communications plans and budgets for the business
- Direct management of marketing communications staff, vendors and budget
- Collaboration with system and operating unit leadership on development of marketing communications strategies, plans, and initiatives at the system and operating unit levels
- System internal communications strategy to launch one vision system-wide
- Oversee development of press releases and other communications; cultivate relationships with key press and media outlets, especially in the areas of concert promotion; strong classical music copywriting/messaging skills
- Provide strategic leadership in driving new media channels, particularly digital and social media, and re-prioritize, evolve current marketing plans
- Providing strategy and coaching to leadership on impactful and/or crisis internal communications; acts as public relations spokesperson and primary media contact
- Overseeing development of system and operating unit marketing campaigns; brand research projects and analysis
Promotional and community outreach planning
- B.S. degree in marketing, communications, journalism and/or closely-related field.
- 15 years professional experience in cross discipline marketing communications (PR, marketing, advertising, communications, public affairs, etc.)
- Experience in technology and/or medical device industry is a plus
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on establishing and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated success conceiving and implementing innovative and effective marketing communications strategies
- Highly developed critical thinking/analysis skills with the ability to evaluate branding and marketing decisions for effectiveness and areas of weakness.
- Combination of skills to be able to think strategically, think at a higher level, but be able and willing to take on an array of tasks as needed that may not necessarily be at the level of this post as needed.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to executives and a variety of audiences. Ability to give concise, compelling verbal presentations to senior decision-makers, and to respond quickly and thoughtfully to challenges and pushback in a meeting situation.
- Adaptable and able to work in a changing environment. Able to interact with changes in leaders and present leadership styles that can mesh with a variety of people.
- Experience as a Manager and developer of all levels of a business unit.
- Experience managing people.