MarketPro has partnered with a worldwide gaming operator and services provider headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our client is s seeking a seasoned retail marketing professional to lead, inspire and manage a dynamic team across a full range of marketing disciplines including brand strategy and management, product management, advertising and media strategy, and retail marketing planning and flawless execution in order to drive consumer demand.
The Director of Retail Marketing & Advertising is the “orchestra conductor” of the 25-person marketing team ensuring that all marketing disciplines are aligned around specific objectives and messages. The Interactive, Advertising, Retail Experience and Promotions teams will report to the Director as well as the external creative and media advertising agencies. The Director will ensure that over 4,000 projects and 15 integrated campaigns annually meet sales and brand health objectives.
- In coordination with product managers, develops product proposition strategy and campaign briefings for use by agency partners and across internal marketing disciplines
- Ensures integration across marketing disciplines by acting as central strategist and message coordinator for retail, digital and PR teams
- Develops and maintains process for cross-disciplinary sharing and message consistency
- Guides external media and creative agencies; Ensures advertising agency is delivering quality work related to creative, estimates, timelines, reporting and other necessary tasks;
- Ensures media agency is delivering on expectations in a timely fashion including estimates, plans, buys, reporting, invoicing and other aspects of agreed to performance requirements;
- Oversees Interactive team responsible for website management, social media engagement and loyalty program
- Manages Retail Experience department including internal print production studio to ensure that in-store materials carry message consistent with mass media
- Guides Promotion and Event strategies to ensure that engagement activities articulate appropriate product and Mission messages
- In coordination with Finance, tracks spending by Advertising, Interactive, Promotions and Retail Experience departments
- Understands consumer segments by attending focus groups, being immersed in research findings and being actively engaged in field activities Conducts Advanced Notification meetings to ensure Commission understands ongoing activities
- Maintains, tracks, files, and publishes all campaign elements, ensuring compliance with state regulation and retention policies;
- Develops case studies as way of chronicling best practices after each marketing initiative
- Performs other required tasks as assigned.
- BS/BA with advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience with at least 6-8 years of management experience
- 6 years in creative or strategic marketing overseeing aspects of Product Management
- Strong understanding of advertising and retail marketing functions
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a result driven, team oriented environment
- Business-to-Consumer marketing experience within a fast-paced retail environment is required
- Experience managing multi-channel marketing programs with budgets exceeding $1 million each
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Task oriented and ability to track multiple elements in multiple stages of development
- Ability to function independently which includes prioritizing and organizing work
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to setting and individually meeting deadlines
- Ability to analyze problems and make appropriate decisions
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and the Internet