Our client is led by a strong Founder CEO whose vision is to build a great product company. Since inception they have had a strong history of serial innovation and global expansion. In seven years the brand grew from a $20M start-up to a $140M innovator. How did they accomplish such rapid growth? The answer is simple yet easier said than done – Product Innovation!
With such innovation, our client has established a dominant position in their industry. It’s now time to expand into new vertical markets. We are now in search for a Director of Product Marketing who will play a major role in helping the organization achieve this goal as the champion for growth initiatives and product innovation. This individual will build business plans, define new products, develop paths to market, and deliver great products.
We are looking for candidates with a track record of developing an established, high-growth product category. This person needs strong product instincts and the ability to create effective partnerships with sales people, sales partners, and customers. Add to this, we want to hear specifics as they relate to market research, competitive analysis, gap analysis, segmentation strategy and the proposal of new products.
- Build business plan with clear direction on how to bring products into new vertical markets
- Identify and define compelling market needs, customer problems, and product opportunities
- Propel the ideation and prototyping of great products in collaboration with Product Innovation, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering
- Develop business cases and product roadmaps that demonstrate share gain, market and competitive positioning, revenue growth, and profitability
- Enable sales through creative product positioning and messaging in collaboration with Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing
- Energize and educate customers, sales partners, and team’s direct sales team
- 6 year rock star product manager or a 15 year marketing director who loves to be hands on
- Examples of sizing market opportunities, writing MRDs and PRDs for industry first products, and figuring out how to enter new markets (qualifying sales channels, partners, etc.)
- History of moving a business into new adjacent customer markets (industry verticals)
- Demonstrated entrepreneurship, ideally leading an organic start-up within an existing business
- Defined interesting customer and market problems and built strong business cases to address these
- Developed green space marketing plans, built new sales channels, and achieved successful share gain
- Global Product Marketing experience, ideally in technology product solutions
- Bachelor Degree required; MBA is a plus