MarketPro has partnered with a product company in the Southeast to hire a Chief Product & Marketing Officer. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CPMO’s primary responsibility is to develop and execute marketing strategies ensuring the achievement of sales goals.
As a key executive, the CPMO’s role is to provide vision and leadership for all marketing and sales led initiatives. This position will work cross-functionally in order to drive revenue growth across all product categories and all market verticals. The CPMO is accountable for creating and implementing go-to-market strategies that support our client’s evolving product portfolio, alliance partners, markets, and geographies.
- Set the strategy and global strategic direction of product roadmaps and product marketing programs.
- Plan and oversee spending of overall marketing budget
- Build, develop, and lead Marketing department to ensure business goals and new product objectives are achieved.
- Develop segmentation, competitive analysis / market intelligence, prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, promotions, communications and budgets, sales force effectiveness, strategic planning, services units and revenue retention and growth.
- Lead all product marketing activities from product ideation thru product commercialization.
- Develop a corporate understanding of business risks, competitive landscape, and industry-wide (or niche) opportunities.
- Perform appropriate market research and data collection. Apply critical thinking skills to organize and analyze data. Present findings, using relevant and useful metrics, to lead the development and commercialization of winning products.
- Identify strategic partners that will have a positive impact on revenue generation and define tactics around introductions.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising or related field. An advanced degree in marketing or business (MBA) is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of proven product marketing and management experience.
- Must be someone who is really excited by a challenge and being part of a growth machine. An energetic individual with a strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive business goals in a global, innovative, and entrepreneurial product company.
- Must have someone who can build, motivate, inspire and lead a top grade product marketing team. Someone who can ensure that the team has the best possible talent (A players) at each level.
- Ability to travel as needed