In today’s marketing world, the rise of marketing technology (martech) doesn’t just impact the way organizations adjust their marketing operations, but the way recruiters and employers recruit for top talent.
The growth of technology drives the need for digital marketing talent who can move quickly, learn new skills, and implement powerful martech tools and solutions. As marketing technology recruiters, we place those with specialized knowledge in martech at the top of the digital marketing talent pool. The digital marketers who are capable of evolving and adding new skills to their marketing stack are successful in keeping ahead in a competitive job market.
Related Video: How Technology Changes the Game for Marketers
Video by Adobe Experience Cloud
Marketing Technology Recruiters Share the Ultimate List of MarTech Tools
The shift of technology in marketing drives employers to re-evaluate the key skill sets and qualities they look for in today’s talent to push their efforts forward in a fast-paced environment. As digital marketing recruiters, we have a firsthand perspective on marketing trends and what businesses are looking for in their new marketing hires.
The birth of new roles like the marketing technologist or VP of MarTech is a testament to the impact technology has on the marketing landscape. Today’s marketers must continue to develop skills to stay forward in the industry and become familiar with emerging marketing technology tools across multiple disciplines to remain competitive.
Looking for a way to stand apart from (and above) competition for a hot digital marketing job? Whether you’re pursuing a career as a marketing technologist or any other area that falls under the digital marketing umbrella, consider adding some of these martech tools to your pedigree to demonstrate your technical expertise.
- BuzzSumo: A great tool for research. It is good for analyzing the type of content that performs best for any topic or competitor, and the influencers amplifying it.
- Medium: An online publishing platform and community of bloggers and writers. The platform helps marketers find their target audience and increases traffic to their site, and makes it easy to publish blog posts, stories, and articles.
- Trello: This tool helps keep track of projects and organize content. Including features like an idea board and content calendar, it makes collaboration between team members simple and easier.
- Grammarly: This tool is great for checking the grammar and spelling of content.
- Keywordtool.io: This is a keyword research tool that makes it easy to discover keywords for content.
- Marketo: This tool integrates key tasks including email, content, automation, and social media. Marketers can use this to measure performance of campaigns, and identify prospects based on demographic and behavioral criteria.
- HubSpot: An inbound marketing and sales system that helps create personalized landing pages, pages, and emails to attract vistors, convert leads, and close customers. The platform has a lot of other features, including a completely free CRM.
- Pardot: A lead management tool that helps marketers and salespeople move prospects through the sales funnel. It helps create automated, targeted messaging, and personalized marketing experience.
- Customer.io: A tool that allows digital marketers to build, test, and send messages all from one platform. It helps craft ideal customer interactions for clients.
- Oracle Eloqua: A tool that enables marketers to plan and execute personalized marketing automation campaigns.
- Improvado.io: An automated marketing data pipeline that allows marketers to manage all of the moving parts of data management.
- Bizible: An integrated marketing analytics platform to help digital marketers optimize campaigns by unifying behavioral and ad data with sales outcomes and machine learning.
- BrightFunnel: A full-funnel reporting suite that helps marketers optimize the entire customer journey from lead acquisition to close.
- Engagio ABM Analytics: A tools that helps B2B marketers create and measure engagement in one tool, drive success, and measure impact.
- LeadsRx: A solution designed to give marketers new analytic insights into which advertising campaigns result in conversions.
Social Media Marketing
- Hootsuite: A tool for managing social media posts and automating content to be posted on social networks. This tool is great for making the time marketers spend on social media more efficient.
- Buffer: A tool that helps manage all of your social media platforms. It automatically posts your content for whenever you schedule it, and allows you to gauge their performance.
- Followerwonk: A Twitter analytics tool that helps social media marketers find, analyze, and optimize for social growth.
- Sprout Social: A social media management tool that’s designed to help marketers and businesses grow their social media presence.
- SocialFlow: A social media optimization platform that uses real-time data and business rules to determine what and when to publish social media content.
- Viewbix: A powerful tool that improves video advertising performance by adding interactive apps to video that drives engagements with calls to action.
- Rocketium: This tool can be used to quick create short videos for social media using text, images, video footage, and voiceovers.
- Adobe After Effects CC is great for digital visual effects, video compositing, motion graphics design, and animation.
- Magisto: A video editing tool that helps video marketers turn photos and video clips into video stories.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Salesforce: Offers cloud-based platforms that help create deeper relationships with customers. Most certainly, Salesforce is the leader in the CRM market.
- InfusionSoft: A tool that helps automate small business sales and marketing by combining CRM, email marketing, lead capture, and e-commerce all in one place.
- ActiveCampaign: This platform combines email marketing, marketing automation, and small business CRM.
- Insightly: This CRM solution makes it easier to manage deep customer relationships and includes some project management-style capabilities to help marketers keep things organized.
- HubSpot: The CRM tool under HubSpot is free even if you don’t have the rest of the platform. It allows marketers to organize, track, and nurture leads and customers.
- DemandBase: This tool offers optimized targeting and personalized solutions to help marketers better identify, target, and close deals with key accounts.
- Terminus: This platform enables B2B marketers drive demand and accelerates your pipeline with account-based advertising.
- MailChimp: This software provides email marketing automation for businesses that allows marketers to send emails, advertise, and build brands.
- GetResponse: A platform that enables you to create a valuable marketing list of prospects, partners, and clients to develop relationships with them and build a profitable customer base. It also includes survey features.
- Followup.cc: A solution that keeps track of conversations and tasks, and sets reminders for them. Its Open Tracking tool notifies you when your email has been opened by recipients.
- AWeber: A tool that helps email marketers keep in touch with subscribers, while upholding email marketing best practices.
- FollowUpThen: This tool makes it simple to schedule all of your email reminders and helps you remember to follow up on tasks.
- SEMrush: This tool helps marketers identify profitable keywords to help marketers optimize their content and sites.
- Moz: Moz provides tools that makes it easier to drive SEO, inbound marketing, link building, and content marketing.
- BrightLocal: A reporting platform that provides accurate local SEO data for reporting and citation purposes.
- Ahrefs: A toolset for backlinks and SEO analysis. It carries the largest base of live links, huge index and the best speed of index updates.
- BrightEdge: This tool is powered by AI solutions to help marketers discover the true search demand of visitors, and create engaging content to drive conversion.
Data and Analytics
- Google Analytics and Google Analytics 360: Google Analytics is a tool to gauge which content users are engaging with, and to evaluate the performance of your marketing efforts. Google Analytics 360 provides in-depth insights of the customer journey.
- Kissmetrics: An analytics tool that provides information to help you identify, understand, and improve key metrics.
- Optimizely: An experimentation platform that enables marketers to deliver personalization and experiments across websites, mobile apps, and connected devices.
- Adobe Analytics: This solution allows you to better understand your customers as people by enabling you to discover valuable customer segments and key insights.
- Funnel.io: This tool helps marketers work more efficiently by automating marketing data collection and allows them to feed the data anywhere they want.
User Experience and Customer Behavior
- Sprinklr: A unified platform for customer experience management. It helps marketers navigate through digital transformation across marketing, advertising, research, and commerce and care.
- Crazy Egg: Crazy Egg’s heat map and scroll map provides reports to help you understand how visitors engage with your site to boost conversion rates.
- Hotjar: This tool provides marketers with analysis and feedback tools to understand the online behavior and voice of their users to improve the user experience and conversion rates.
- Usabilla: Usabilla puts your users at the center of digital strategy and collects qualitative and quantitative insights to help you optimize the UX.
- Woopra: An analytics tool that gives insights on each individual or segment to help marketers analyze, optimize, and engage through every touchpoint in the customer experience.
- Moz Local: A platform that creates and maintains your company’s business listing with Moz’s partner sites, mobile apps, and directories that factor into local search engine results.
- Brandify: This platform provides location-based digital marketing solutions to help marketers connect marketers with their consumers.
- MomentFeed: This software helps manage the mobile customer experience for multi-location brands.
- Vendasta: Vendasta helps marketers and brands achieve revenue growth with scalable marketing solutions for local businesses and marketers.
- Placeable: Ignite’s Placeable solutions helps drive online and offline revenue through location data management, local marketing, and digital advertising.
- ManyChat: A tool that can be used to create a Facebook Messenger bot in two minutes without any coding.
- Chatfuel: Another tool that allows you to create an AI chatbot on Facebook without coding. Its bots serve up news, allows users to narrow down on topics and ask questions about items or people in the news.
- Chattypeople: This platform enables you to create, test, deploy, measure and manage your bots on Facebook, without any coding.
- Botsify: This tool allows technical marketers to integrate their API with bots to make them is even more effective. Again, no coding required to build a bot with this platform.
- MEOKAY: This platform allows you to build chatbots to talk to your audience, monetize opportunities, and grow your audience.
Emerging marketing tools are dominating the marketing space and it’s important for marketers to keep up with the evolving technological landscape.
Marketers today must rise to meet the growing demands of the industry and present their credentials to employers in an attractive way. If you’re looking to set yourself apart in a crowded talent pool, get yourself acquainted with these technologies. Put yourself in the best possible position to succeed – don’t let the speed of digital outpace your ability to adapt, expand your skills, and ultimately grow your career.